All employers are required to register for Clearinghouse. The Commercial Driver’s License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is a secure, online database that gives real time CDL and CLP information on possible drug and alcohol violations. It is an important part of roadway safety across the nation. It helps employers make important decisions about safety-sensitive positions like the operation of a commercial motor vehicle or CMV.
“…the online database provides real time CDL and CLP information on drug and alcohol violations.”
Failure to register your company can take you out of compliance with the FMCSA and have serious repercussions for the safety of everyone on the roadways. Take the first step and learn how to register your company quickly in this article.
How Do I Register?
Registering your company is the only way to be compliant with Clearinghouse regulations. Complete your registration in these five easy steps:
- Register for a USDOT number and FMCSA Portal account
- Verify your information with the FMCSA
- Designate your consortia or third-party administrator like (name of company)
- Send out invitation to employees who can access the Clearinghouse on your behalf
- Purchase the query plan that is right for your company
Registration help and ongoing assistance is available from ClearinghouseServices.com.
The Benefits of Compliance
Once you have registered your company, you are entitled to many benefits that will make the FMCSA process easier. You can now:
- Quickly report drug and alcohol violations including refusals to test, actual violations, and results .04 and greater
- Check if interviewees are prohibited from safety sensitive functions
- Perform annual queries all current employees with driver consent
- Conduct electronic and manual queries to previous employers for pre-employment investigations
The benefits of the online system are not for employers alone. Your employees and company professionals can also take advantage of the online system. For example, your drivers can now log in and provide electronic consent to conduct a full query of their Clearinghouse record to prospective employers. Medical review officers can report any irregularities in drug tests directly in the system. Substance abuse professionals may also do their mandatory reporting electronically to the Clearinghouse whenever RTD testing is ready for drivers is eligible or completed.
Staying Compliant Is Easy
Enjoy a streamlined process with Clearinghouseservices.com. Take advantage, get back your valuable company time and register your company with us today. ClearinghouseServices.com provides expert assistance from seasoned professionals to employers, drivers and service agents to help you navigate the FMCSA Clearinghouse. It is our goal to assist employers and CDL drivers with FMCSA mandated responsibilities. Contact us or call 877-345-2425 for immediate assistance.
ClearinghouseServices.com is a private company not affiliated with the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).